I'm attempting to use Hugin as a video stitcher (with FFMPEG) - this is
going well, however I'm wondering if a rig could be calibrated by
photographing something that is placed around the camera, i.e. a light box
with the camera inside, with something printed on it that would make it
really easy for Hugin to automatically find control points?  This is for a
template that can be used for every frame in a video.

I've used chess board style images for lens calibration before, and I'm
only using 2 cameras and fisheye lenses so there is only one seam to
stitch.

Would something like this work but with different colours, numbers printed
on etc? What does Hugin look for when it attempts to find control points?
How can I print something to make it really easy on the control point
finder?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/0acb6945-2350-40ab-bca6-a4d5d6711620%40googlegroups.com.