On Wednesday, 26 April 2017 at 22:26:36 -0700, void star wrote:

> I have a set of images that I'm trying to align together.
>
> A sample set of the image sequence is here:
> https://app.box.com/s/s1urccnz60zoxu0dq97rm634kz4a27rm
>
> I tried from the command line:  align_image_stack.exe -a aligned -C *.jpg
>
> Maybe the Windows build is broken, its been running for several days (I
> assume it is actually deadlocked inside).

It might be a Microsoft problem.  On my (FreeBSD) machine it took
about 2 minutes.

But that doesn't help much.  align_image_stack can't handle changes of
perspective, and the result is useless.  You need to take all the
images from the same place, preferably mounted on a tripod.

> Then I tried to just load all the images into Hugin and click Align,
> but that didn't get me very far.

I tried that first.  There's also a question of constant exposure.  In
this case the images are exposed between 7.9 EV and 12.6 EV.  That's
fine for align_image_stack, but not for the control point detectors.

What do you want to do with the images?  Just line them up so that
they all line up?  That will work if you take them from the same
position.  There should be a tutorial on the web site, but it seems to
be hiding.

Gerg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.