I can only add that detection of horizontal lines require some boring work
what could be easily done by the program.

Now you have to:
rotate all the images 90 deg (or the final panorama)
detect vertical lines
rotate the images back
change alignment of every line from vertical to horizontal

It could be easily performed by
"Detect and horizontal lines"
or
"Detect vertical and horizontal lines"
but... I am not a programmer and I can dream only.

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 3:38:47 PM UTC+2, Stephen Hartley wrote:

> Total newbie question here, thanks in advance for any tips on how to
> improve my first hugin stitch.  Taken using a tripod and rotating ball
> head, with standard rectilinear lens. No effort was made to rotate around
> the no-parallax point, I don't know how significant this is for my pano?
>
> Source jpegs:
>
> 1 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/1aj7359lu3qnmj1/DSC_8657.jpg?dl=0>
> 2 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/wo367hzqfuzxnem/DSC_8659.jpg?dl=0>
> 3 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/sevisohruvnlh2w/DSC_8662.jpg?dl=0>
> 4 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/r86z7if5dtfw20b/DSC_8668.jpg?dl=0>
> 5 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/12qxrfxxpcrgl46/DSC_8672.jpg?dl=0>
>

> Stitched with Hugin 2016.2.0.be8da0221960 on Mac.
>
> Spent a day experimenting with hugin, and this is my best result: output
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxfehujkyso1pbm/output6.jpg?dl=0> using this
> pto project file.
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/cna8l2k429qp0ao/output.pto?dl=0>
>

> Could anyone more experienced give me some pointers on how to fix the
> following:
>

>    1. Horizon line, particularly at the top of the sea - I added a
>    horizontal line but this has caused the whole image to slant towards the
>    left.
>    2. Areas of yellow paving have curved edges.  Again, these should be
>    horizontal, I added a horizontal line, but this does not seem to have had
>    the desired effect - the edges should be parallel to the horizontal edges
>    (top and bottom) of the image.
>    3. Four noticeable stitching artefacts: two on the grey railings
>    (fence) in front of the black car, one on the bicycle path, immediately to
>    the left of the painting of the bicycle wheel, and again on the sea
> horizon
>    line, quite a bump about a quarter of the way into the image from the left
>    edge.  I struggled to add more manual control points for the sea joint and
>    wonder if this might be causing the problem, if so, any known workaround?
>

> Thanks in advance for your help and advice,
>
> Steve

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/3071c631-738a-4e5a-884c-6062ac867af9%40googlegroups.com.
  • [hugin-ptx] ... 'Stephen Hartley' via hugin and other free panoramic software
    • Re: [hu... Sean Greenslade
      • Re:... 'Stephen Hartley' via hugin and other free panoramic software
    • [hugin-... panostar
      • [hu... 'Stephen Hartley' via hugin and other free panoramic software
    • [hugin-... Abrimaal
    • [hugin-... Abrimaal
      • Re:... Frederic Da Vitoria
        • ... Gnome Nomad