I took a pano set of a map recently, using a pano head, from only
3 feet away from the map.

The control points and optimisation aren't perfect, but they're
OK (for the moment). My real show stoppers are:

1) Barrel distortion

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/bugbear33/misc/barrel.jpg

my previous experience with hugin (several years) has never
shown this issue, which should (I thought...) be simple correctable
by a projection change. The current output projection is rectilinear.

I have done previous maps (albeit smaller) using this technique
with no barrel distortion (quick check; working
map FOV 79 x 53)

problem map FOV 59 x 49.

2) Rotation;

I've accidently created the CP's 90 degrees "wrong".
I'd be happy just to rotate the map, but I've added a load
of horizontal and vertical line CPs.

I've tried rotating the image in Move/Drag but if I subsequently
call the optimiser it happily undoes my rotate!

   BugBear