Although the default installation folder in Windows is "C:\Program Files",
it is not recommended to install any third party software on C:, except
drivers, codecs, fonts and other shared files.
Files on C: are often protected by Windows in various ways,
Better to install software on a different hard drive or partition. The user
can access all files, the system is more efficient and easier to manage.

When Hugin starts, it displays useful hints, leave them active.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/b1801a7f-4f10-410e-8ade-3a6e80f5df28%40googlegroups.com.