Any automated tool like this is going to fail some of the time, especially if
your images have repetitive features.

I'm not familiar with stitch-scanned-images, but I would expect that in
addition to producing a stitched image, it would also provide a PTO project
that you can open in Hugin to fix any errors.

--
Bruno

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/9ACD9025-F8E1-42B1-98DE-A1B0952C476E%40postle.net.