On July 13, 2019 5:51:33 PM HST, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Hello Greg,
>
>On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 12:20:10 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
><groog...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing a few issues with Hugin running on FreeBSD.  While I don't
>> think it has anything to do with FreeBSD, it would be nice to compare
>> its behaviour with what happens under Linux.  What distro should I
>> choose?
>
> I've been a Fedora user for almost as long as I remember, and regularly
>
> test build hugin, enblend and darktable. All work with minimal problems.
> One of the nice things about Fedora (these days) is the very nice
> upgrade process they have for the new release every 6 or so months...
> a great improvement over the old days. Other distros may be be as good
> in this respect, but I only have experience with Fedora.
>
>Cheers,

Ubuntu has a very effective upgrade process, too, but I think it only applies
from LTS version to next LTS.

Debian - I run Debian Testing, so it's sort of like a rolling distro to me. I
think Debian Stable changes are possible now: a recent Debian apt update
displayed a message asking for permission to change distro pointers to the new
Testing. That *could* mean that a similar pointer change with a
clean/update/dist-upgrade might migrate an installed Debian Stable to the new
Stable.

In both cases, I'd make a partition image or an fsarchiver copy before trying
it.

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/58EDF87E-40B7-4605-92AA-97DA0859DBFA%40gmail.com.