Hi Jud,

   Did you changed the pano size after optimizations?  By default Hugin
chooses a pano of 3000x1500 pels, for a complete equirectangular, and shows
the errors relative to this size.

   I also did not understand why my errors "suddenly" increased a lot, but
I noticed that I had chosen the final max size for my photos and this
changes how the errors are numerically presented.

   This seens your situation: mean ~0.5 for a max 1 or 2 (for 3000x1500,
probably) and then (mean) 10 and max 40, perhaps your canvas increased to
about 12000x6000?

   Luís Henrique

Em qui., 12 de dez. de 2019 às 22:58, Judson Fisher <
judson.fis...@humboldt.edu> escreveu:

> Hi,
> I'm confused about how Hugin is depicting control point distances,
> especially in that they all seem to change once I save a .pto file and then
> re-open it.
>
> While setting my control points, in the control point selecter, they were
> all depicted in some shade of green (I'm aligning an image stack).  Then,
> after optimization, Hugin reported an average alignment of about 0.5, with
> a max of only 1 or 2.  BUT if i save the .pto file and then reopen it, it's
> a totally different story:  Average alignment is closer to 10 with a max of
> 40 and no amount of resetting or iterations of optimization get anywhere
> near the originally reported results?
>
> Is this correct? Am I missing something?
>
> I'm attatching my .pto file below just in case it is helpful.
>
> thanks,
> /Jud

> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> ---