Well, their product is PTGui Pro - no "I".  I noticed that their most recent
"beta" dates back to 2019.

I didn't see anything on their site about it using the same source code engine.
Hugin's panorama engine is  the open-source panotools. They could be using
that. But Hugin is primarily a user interface to panotools.

Hugin doesn't use PTGui to stitch. It uses PTBatcherGUI, I think.

They claim copyright on their products, with no mention of open source, so my
guess is they have their own codebase for their user interface to panotools.

It's also possible the reviewer you mentioned was just confusing PTGui with
Hugin.

At $153US, I'm not going to try their product. I've generated gigapixel
panoramas using Hugin on Linux.

Hey, list folk - if I recall correctly, Hugin can be set to use a command line
stitcher, instead of Hugin's GUI stitcher, right? If so, would that help Bill
on his Mac?

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.