Hi Daniel,
     I've been trying to use HUGIN to stitch mosaics of the Rosette nebula
and ended up with  a distorted image. Part of the nebula was missing and
kind of squeezed together new the middle. The preview image showed that
some of the segments were turned slightly.   I have come to the conclusion
that my problem is the fact that HUGIN corrects for all kind of effects
such as curvature or perspective, etc which are common in terrestrial
imaging using different lenses. However images shot with a telescope of
objects in the night sky are for all practical purpose FLAT.

It sure seem like HUGIN is a very powerful program, but does it have a
simple flat stitch function that  will allow the stitching of images
without turning or skewing the segments? I see that  there are all kinds of
different options to use for stitching unfortunately I not familiar with
any of them.

Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 Nor