Yes, we the photographers and graphic artist work and think in graphic
mode, while the programmers work with numbers.
This causes a lot of misunderstanding between the developers "it is
working" and the users "it is missing".
Initially Hugin was intended to be a graphic editor, dedicated for
photographers.
Now, if you want to create a perfect panorama, you need to type a lot of
numbers.
For people who work with graphics, even such option as "rotate by 270°" may
be not understood.
We rotate left or right moving the cursor. (this applies to a different
editor).

How many years I am begging for introducing graphic sliders to correct
vertical and horizontal compression
of the panorama previews.
Or just dark editor background than makes possible to work with night
photos.
"For you can work with numbers" - this is the usual response.
So, we can forget about a graphic eraser and similar improvements,
such as exposure and color correction using sliders, scale and rotate
images in graphic mode.
Numeric values may be used for very precise work, with single pixels.
Am I right or wrong?
Masks are the best example how simple is the work in graphic mode.
I understand that it was not easy for the programmer.