A good strategy might be first adding a few (4 per image pair) control points
that tell hugin which window is which, then aligning preliminarily and telling
hugin only then to add its 20 additional control points. One or two of then
will be in the wrong place, again. But there is the "clean up control points"
option for that.

Kind regards,

    Gunter.