Hi all,

I would like to ask about:
1. How Hugin fill the overlapping area between 2 single images of panorama ?
2. Is there a way to get the most correct reverse mapping of one pixel from
panorama to single image ?

I am doing experiment of reverse transformation from panorama to single
image.
My rig has 6 fish-eye camera to capture 6 single images, then I used Hugin
to stitch 6 single images into 1 panorama.
I did try reverse transformation from panorama to single image using
pano_trafo.exe
The result was like below:

PanoMapping::reverseMapping: 0 17.8527 4761.12

PanoMapping::reverseMapping: 1 -537.378 -1672.43

PanoMapping::reverseMapping: 2 4063.91 -1364.64

PanoMapping::reverseMapping: 3 3195.1 298.536

PanoMapping::reverseMapping: 4 964.359 1025.45

PanoMapping::reverseMapping: 5 657.126 3220.11

I filtered the above results to get 2 valid solutions:

#3 3195.1 298.536 *(valid but wrong)*

#4 964.359 1025.45 *(valid and correct)*

So I had total 6 results (0-5) but only #3 & #4 were valid (since my
picture size is 4056 x 3040, the returned pixel coordinate could not
negative or out of picture's size)

I did visual check and I confirmed that the #4 is the same pixel that I
chose on panorama (#3 & #4 is corresponding to image #3 & #4 of my 6 single
images)

I repeated this experiment on other pixels and my conclusion is that:

At the overlapping area between 2 single image, Hugin seems to choose one
image as "dominate" one and use that "dominate" one to fill that
overlapping area because there is always one very correct (both on
coordinate & visual check) returned from pano_trafo.exe. If so, how can I
get the information of that "dominate" one so that I could choose the
correct mapping ?

Thank you for reading,