If you can find a scene with objects far away to place control points, you
could use a normal head with a planning base to take the 360 cylindrical
photo, this should reduce the effect of parallel on the stitch and
optimisation.

It looked as if you had a few bad control points leading to misplaced
images and the distorted output. Try manually placing them instead, a few
per overlapping pair, just to get a reasonable alignment at first. Refine
by adding more control points.