Yeah I just started playing with this today as I don't like much the output
from Insta360 Studio especially the colour rendering.
When taking images I've set it to save as insp and raw dng files.
I found I can just rename the insp adding .jpg to the end and they can be
read into Huggin and then use the two lens assistant to process.
As you say they do not come out correctly. One thing I notice is that in
the Panorama editor the masking/cropping is not right. Looks like there may
be other issues as well to achieve a correct equirectangular image.
I've also converted the raw dng file into tif file which comes out vertical
for some reason.
Ultimately I'd like to have a work flow that takes the dng files to produce
an adjusted equirectangular tif/jpg file and bring across the metadata such
as gps from the insp file.

Regards,
AJ