On 1/26/24 20:57, David W. Jones wrote:
On 1/26/24 20:33, David W. Jones wrote:
On 1/26/24 20:30, David W. Jones wrote:
I followed the directions for compiling and successfully got a compiled and installed Hugin 2023. Hurrah!

Unfortunately, the install process removed Luminance HDR, which depends on hugin-tools. Do I need hugin-tools to match Hugin 2023? If so, how do I get it?

The particular error I get trying to reinstall Luminance HDR is:

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/hugin-tools_2022.0.0+dfsg-2_amd64.deb (--unpack):  trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/hpi.py', which is also in package hugin 2023.1.0.8677

So it appears that Hugin 2023 now includes at list one piece that's also in the Hugin Tools package?

Although it appears that I've lost nothing. I have Luminance HDR self-compiled and installed, so I guess Synaptic and DPKG are only referring to the Hugin 2022 hugin-tools and Luminance HDR packages, not what I have installed? Weird.

I'm sorry that Debian takes so long to catch up to current releases. I use Debian Stable (aka bookworm) and it's only at 2022.0. 2023.0 just hit Debian Testing January 1, and the source I just compiled from Hugin's site is 2023.1...

Update: With self-compiled Hugin installed here, along with self-compiled Luminance HDR, APT reports I have held or broken packages. There's no hugin-tools package corresponding to the compiled version of Hugin. Luminance depends on that package, so mixing the hugin-tools package in Debian Bookworm with the self-compiled Hugin 2023 makes updating the system impossible.

The usual ways of fixing such didn't work. So I had to remove the self-compiled Hugin 2023 and reinstall the version of Hugin 2022 that's in the Debian Bookworm repository.

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com