On 2/22/24 07:37, 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software wrote:
Dear all!

In my last post I have already hinted at new possibilities arising from the use of OpenImageIO (OIIO for short). I found that it's quite feasible to use OIIO's image importing code as a stand-in for vigra's importImage. Now I've gone one step further and refitted some hugin tools with OIIO code: pto_gen and cpfind. For pto_gen, I have just changed the retrieval of image metrics to use OIIO, but in cpfind I have also changed the image import code. With the modified tools, I could run a tool chain from a set of RAW images to a readily-optimized PTO file by using first the modified pto_gen, then the modified cpfind and finally autooptimiser. The resulting PTO could be loaded into my recent build of lux (the build from the oiio branch, for which I offered an AppImage in my last post) which also employs OIIO and can process RAW images as input. lux stitched this PTO into a seamless panorama. All of this was possible without any intermediate TIFF files on disk - OIIO handles the loading and processing of RAW images in-library using libRAW and presents the readily-converted data. I think with this little experiment I have established that OIIO would make a good candidate to replace vigra's ageing impex library - OIIO can also handle newer formats like HEIF and webp, among many others. Since the swapping-in of OIIO code for vigra code is quite painless, one might assume that the entire hugin software collection could be refitted like this, bringing hugin up-to-date with newer file formats and adding RAW support.

And how does it handle the need for noise reduction and sharpening in RAW files?

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/cf7174b4-e5d1-4aad-be6b-e3dd11d61c77%40gmail.com.
  • [hugin-ptx] creating pan... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software
    • Re: [hugin-ptx] cre... David W. Jones
      • Re: [hugin-ptx]... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software
        • Re: [hugin-... dudek53
          • Re: [hu... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software
            • Re... dudek53
              • ... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software
                • ... dudek53
                • ... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software
                • ... dudek53
                • ... Bruno Postle
                • ... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software