Another issues popped up in the mean time.

mer...@archive.org schrieb am Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2024 um 18:16:34 UTC+2:

(2) because
cpfind is relatively slow for the images (151 megapixel times 16) that I
am working with, even if things are prealigned (as I understand it).
After automatically stitching 10000+ images I'm very close to a 100%
success rate, but I couldn't quite get there with just cpfind.

Another issue could be such big images. Maybe there is not enough memory to
keep several images parallel in RAM.
Have a look at the number of used threads and the memory usage.
Then you could try to decrease the number of threads (cpfind --ncores=..)

Thomas