Hello,

I am attempting to stitch a large and fairly messy set of aerial photos, 
and not having much luck. That's not a huge surprise because the photos 
were hand-shot out of a moving aircraft, so they were certainly not taken 
with this application in mind. However, because the area being photographed 
is coastal barrier islands, which are fairly flat, I was hoping I might 
nonetheless be able to get something that appears reasonable (even if it is 
not the same as a georeferenced map image).

I have been trying to follow the tutorials on stitching mosaics and flat 
scanned images (https://hugin.sourceforge.io/tutorials/Mosaic-mode/en.shtml 
, https://hugin.sourceforge.io/tutorials/scans/en.shtml ).

However, whenever I get beyond 4-6 images, the optimization generally seems 
to break down and I get ridiculous results or the panorama fails to stitch 
at all. I am scripting this due to the large number of images, and my flow 
is as follows:

1. pto_gen -o {pto_file} {images}
2. cpfind --celeste --multirow --cache --fullscale -o {pto_file} {pto_file}
3. pto_var --opt y,p,r,TrX,TrY,TrZ --anchor={middle_image} -o {pto_file} 
{pto_file}
4. autooptimiser -n -o {pto_file} {pto_file}
5. pano_modify --projection=0 --fov=AUTO --canvas=AUTO --crop=AUTO 
--ldr-file=JPG --ldr-compression=99 -o {pto_file} {pto_file}
6. nona -m TIFF_m -o {prefix} {pto_file}
7. enblend --compression=99 -o {output_name} {prefix}*.tif

The images are public, so in case I can convince anyone more knowledgeable 
than me to give this a try, I'm using the Raw images from 
here: 
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/010503b4c64b4ff6a7f3570220a53647/page/Data-Explorer-

Specifically, I've been experimenting with "21May2018 
Camera2-[6290-6325].jpg"

Thank you so much for any tips you can provide!
Derek

-- 
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/f986c027-04a6-4eb9-b13e-5ee0e7209f72n%40googlegroups.com.

Reply via email to