Dear Nilofer, and Kamayani,

Thank you for your mail. The format of the programme is performances-
poetry, music, , screenings, exhibitions and in between statements- 3-5
minutes.

Our idea of the statements is to raise all these issues and talk about them.
It will be great if  Nilofer you could come and speak to for 3-5 minutes. We
hope to have 10-15 civil society members, celebrities to do that and
definitely remember Hemant Karkare, Shahid Azmi . so we are reserving almost
an hour out of the whole programme for interventions. there is no committee-
just anhad young activists and the prog is absolutely open to changes and
suggestions till we go for printing in 2-3 days time of posters etc.

We thought of doing a new exhibition on similar lines but if it is already
there then it is great. we were thinking of documenting 50 taxi and rikshaw
walas and what mumbai means to them but now probably i can request our young
team to do a video instead if the visual exhibition is available.  Trying to
involve college students, artists , performers . Thank you for your
suggestions and support. Please do help in inviting civil society members
who could give statements. I don't know everyone.

We are planning to have college students from 4-6pm and then young
performers and some senior people + in between the performances statements/
speeches- short ones by civil society and celebrities. exhibitions and
painting outside the hall.

We will culminate with Dhruv Sangari- a sufi singer and a disciple of Ustad
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan sahab. so far we have confirmed a young dancers group
who performed at kala ghoda fest, imaad shah- singer ( naseer sahabs son), a
theatre group, a group ( yuva biradari) singing movement songs. Shabana Azmi
and Rose Bose have confirmed.

i reach 25th early morning. it will give me just 9 days to mount the
programme so all support is required. will be operating from jogeshwari
west. if you suggest a place we can meet on 25th. i will be going to the
venue to see the place in bandra . please suggest a time and place.

you can sms at 9811807558. would be great if we can meet at aplace where you
could invite a few more people who might be interested.

i will be caught up whole day tomorrow with the Communal Violence bill
lobbying work in delhi so might not check the mail.

shabnam