Whether Sikhs are killed by  the Taliban or the people of Afghanistan and Iraq
among other countries   are killed by direct attacks or  through drones or
otherwise by the Occupying powers or   the people from North India are killed
or attacked in Mumbai  or citizens are  murdered by bomb blasts planted by
covert organizations politically  associated with the assassination of Mahatma
Gandhi or by other covert groups or individuals  whether Muslims , Hindus, or
foreigners whatever the reality may be   as in Pune , manipulated  for this
purpose by funded covert organizations  receiving foreign funding   or whether
people are killed  by state terror   in encounters or  custodial deaths ,or
innocent people die in violence such as in the Kashmir Valley , in regional
agitations such as in Telengana/Hyderabad  or Maharastra  or at the hands of so
called Maoists; or whether   Tribals  are tortured or  shot by Salwa Judum or
para military organizations in the course of Operation Green Hunt or when
honest police officials performing their duty to investigate Malegaon bomb
blasts among other covert conspiracies and  lawyers performing their duty to
represent those accused of offences  are assassinated , all these acts must be
unequivocally condemned . Whether people are killed by bomb blasts in our own
country or in other countries it is equally to be condemned .

Whereas on Television we see selective condemnation and hysteria depending upon
the religion or class or caste or even nationality  of the person or persons
killed . The assassination of lawyers , the framing up of innocent members of
the minority community in India  misutilizing the propaganda of the 'WAR ON
TERROR ' which served a political purpose , the caste related hate crimes have
not been covered as comprehensively . Discussions on crimes are also used for
selective propaganda purposes with' Intelligence Assets'  used  during the
discussion both  from Pakistan and India .

It is almost as though both sides need the hate to justify the existence of the
two nation states. If India continues to be tagged along with Pakistan which
was created by British Imperial policy and served this policy for decades in
South Asia  and we do  not rise above the pettiness of the rhetoric while
securing firmly our  frontiers and our secular foundations  , we will find
itself degenerating into a banana Republic with no 'Rule of Law ' , with
institutions we had constructed and established fast eroding  , we are in
serious and imminent  danger of this happening . Even as China advances to new
technological heights and culture , we are degenerating in our discourse and
the Scientific Spirit has been abandoned for some crude religious symbolism and
vulgar ritualism by many .  Let us not create Indian Talibans we have some
incipient ones already . However let us distinguish the Taliban in Afghanistan
from the national liberation movement from military occupation of foreign
powers .

 To emphasise it is necessary to develop according to our own ethos,needs and
economic and social circumstances . We are not in competition or rivalry with
any other nation state or society , we wish them all well , their own path .
However without a higher civilizational perspective harnessing not only science
and technology , permitting necessary and essential development and
industrialization in consultation with affected people and interests ,
revitalising agriculture , small scale and rural industries , investing in
priority infrastructure for those below the poverty line assuring livelihod and
food security , we will be reduced to barbarism . We have to expand resource
creation even as we have to redistribute , for this we need a society free from
terror of every kind, with all issues open to dialogue .

There must be an adequate understanding in society that all over the world ,
through selective or large scale violence  there is an attempt to divide and
rule , to obliterate from human understanding that man's /woman's first loyalty
is to humanity and humanity is indivisible .However those who are imposing the
violence will reap the consequences, as violence finally engulfs those who
resort to it is the lesson of history .  The Intelligence Agencies of Pakistan
trained the Mujahideen against the PDP government for decades from 1979
financed and armed  by the USA , UK  , Saudi Arabia among other powers , to
-day they are paying the price  with large scale violence engulfing all their
cities and regions . If we support covert terror  against our citizens , we too
will pay the price and this will not be limited to those immediately affected .

The world as a whole is changing . Everything even as the financial and
economic system of many countries of the G7 are collapsing .  It is time to
dialogue on the direction we should take , accepting that economic organization
of society cannot be static just as social organization cannot be frozen
reflecting out dated feudal and casteist values and that the life style of the
American dream  was a bubble and cannot and should not be replicated as this
kind of consumption directly depletes the resources of the planet which have to
be renewed and passed on renewing its beauty by reviving its green cover and
all sources of plant and animal life .

                                     Niloufer Bhagwat