Samhita plans to organize an event depicting the story of the
challenges faced by an underprivileged girl/women during her lifetime.
The objective of the event is to create awareness and raise support
for NGOs working for the upliftment of girls and women.

This one day event will ideally depict the sorry state of girls in
India and will also celebrate moments of joy and happiness.

We wish to weave a meaningful and inspiring story by means of several
performances. Possible performance tracks listed below:

 - Plays: If you are part of (or know) a theatre group that wants to
perform to create awareness about a social cause we would love to
partner with you.

 - Documentaries: Short films are the best means of putting across a
message to a large audience. We would want to feature documentaries/
short films that carry a social message and inspires people to respect
and support girls and women. If you are a filmmaker or you know
someone please do get in touch.

 - Song performances: What would you want to listen to? Bollywood?
Rock? Jazz? Classical? Do let us know your choice of music. If you are
a singer/ part of a rock band/ know someone who does, do get in touch
with us. A band that could promote a social message through their
music would be nice.

 - Dance performances: If you are a choreographer or a dance artist
who'd want to dance to the tune of a social cause, the stage is all
set for you.

 - Other performances: Poetry recitals, Book reading, Stand-up comedy,
Musical performances, etc.

We look forward to your suggestions and proposals to make this event a
huge success. The event will be in Mumbai and 100% ticket proceeds
from the event will go to verified NGOs in a completely transparent
manner. The event is scheduled in October 2011

We are also looking for companies to sponsor the event venue and other
expenses.

For any further queries/ suggestions/ ideas write to na...@samhita.org

Regards,
Namit Agarwal