----- Original Message -----
  From: Kapil Mishra
  To: niloufe...@vsnl.net
  Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:12 PM
  Subject: Corrupt bill

  Dear Niloufer,

  The Biotechnology Regulatory Authority of India (BRAI) bill is all set to be
tabled in Parliament. You understand the dangers of GM food and have already
signed a petition against this bill. Time is short and we need to get more
signatures on this petition to show the strength behind this demand.

  You should forward the email below to your friends and family and ask them to
sign this petition because the BRAI once formed, will be a non-transparent,
autocratic body which will approve GM food crops without any safety checks.

  Thanks a billion!

  Kapil Mishra
  Sustainable agriculture campaigner,
  Greenpeace India

  Dear friend,

        Click here to save your food from corruption
  Almost 50,000 people have already said no to corruption of their food. Yet
the government is set to create the autocratic Biotechnology Regulatory
Authority of India (BRAI), which will approve genetically modified (GM) food
and escape scrutiny under the Right to Information act. Those who protested
against this were arrested. [1]

  If the bill is cleared, our worst fears will come true. The clauses in this
bill make BRAI an unquestionable, autocratic body, run by the proponents of
genetically modified (GM) food, to allow GM crops in our country without
checking their safety.

  Thousands of people have already joined the attempt to make the World's
biggest GM Free Baingan Bharta to show the Prime Minister that we don’t want
BRAI. One lakh signatures on this petition will help make the World Record.

  You should ask Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to stop this bill because it is
no transparent and a threat to our food:

  http://www.greenpeace.in/take-action/save-your-food/stop-the-brai-bill.php

  Right now the nation is witnessing an uprising against corruption.[2] The
government is feeling the pressure. Lakhs of people coming together against
this corrupt bill will help show the government that we don’t want foreign
corporations, developing GM crops, to mess with our food.

  The bill in its current form allows BRAI to escape the purview of the Right
to Information Act. We will not be able to find out what they are putting in
our food. Informed public opposition, which helped stop Bt brinjal,[3] might
not get a chance if this body is created. Ask the PM to stop the bill now!

  http://www.greenpeace.in/take-action/save-your-food/stop-the-brai-bill.php

  Thanks a billion!

  Kapil Mishra
  Sustainable Agriculture Campaigner
  Greenpeace India

  P.S. Want to support our campaigns? We don't take money from any corporation,
government or political party! We never have, and we never will. Do help
Greenpeace remain fiercely and proudly independent. We will send you a
Greenpeace T-shirt as a thank you for showing support for our campaigns by
donating. Click here to chip in.

  Sources:
    1.. Protesters opposing BRAI bill arrested, Greenpeace India August 17,
2011,

http://www.greenpeace.org/india/en/Press/Protesters-opposing-BRAI-bill-arrested-/

    2.. India unites: Protests, fasts across nation in support of Anna Hazare
and Lokpal Bill, Times of India, August 16, 2011

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-16/india/29891698_1_activist-arvind-kejriwal-second-struggle-lokpal-bill

    3.. India says no to Bt brinjal, for now, www.rediff.com, February 9, 2010

http://business.rediff.com/report/2010/feb/09/india-says-no-to-bt-brinjal-for-now.htm

  Greenpeace on the web:

  We're also on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube - join our friends list.

  Why have I received this mail?
  Either because you signed up as a Greenpeace India cyber-activist or a friend
forwarded this mail to you.

  How do I subscribe?
  To receive regular updates from Greenpeace India, sign up here.

  How do I unsubscribe?
  To stop receiving messages on how you can help the planet click here.

  How can I help more?
  You can help by forwarding this message to everyone on your email list. You
can also donate to keep us going strong!

  Where do I send feedback?
  Please send all feedback to ocamp...@greenpeace.org Greenpeace India, #60
Wellington Street, Richmond Town, Bangalore 560025