http://www.hindustantimes.com/elections2014/the-big-three/kejriwal-vs-modi-aap-opens-war-room-in-varanasi/article1-1208913.aspx

The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday opened its war room in Varanasi's
Mahmoorganj area, opening up a new front in the high-profile battle between
party supremo Arvind
Kejriwal<http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/arvindkejriwalacommonmaninpolitics/spl3-lid.aspx>
 and
BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.As part of its first
activity, the AAP cited its own survey covering 80,000 households out of
the total 3.14 lakh in Varanasi and said Kejriwal was trailing behind Modi
by 50,000 votes.

Kejriwal's campaign manager Gopal Mohan said, "It's not a small
achievement. When we started our campaign, we were trailing by 2 lakh
votes. We will wipe out this deficit in 10 days."

But reaching out to people is proving to be a tough task. AAP's target is
at each household at least three times. By now, the first round (3.14 lakh)
should have been complete.

There are five – three urban and two rural -- assembly segments in Varanasi
parliamentary constituency. Five persons have been given the job of winning
it for Kejriwal. They are Manish Sisodia, Dileep Pandey, Durgesh Pathak,
Kapil Mishra and Gulab Singh.

While BJP Opens Its Dirty Tricks
Dept
http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-2014/aap-furious-over-fake-letter-in-varanasi-threatens-to-sue-509826

*Varanasi: *The Aam Aadmi Party has blamed the BJP for a "fake" letter that
has the party's chief Arvind Kejriwal thanking jailed politician Mukhtar
Ansari for supporting him in the contest against Narendra Modi in Varanasi,
Uttar Pradesh.

Mukhtar Ansari, the chief of the Qaumi Ekta Dal, withdrew as a candidate
from the temple town last week, saying that "secular votes" should not be
divided. (read: Ansari not to contest against
Modi<http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-2014/aap-furious-over-fake-letter-in-varanasi-threatens-to-sue-509826>)

His exit is seen by some as a potential game-changer, as he is as an
influential Muslim leader.

The Aam Aadmi Party or AAP strongly refuted reports of Mr Ansari supporting
them and accused the BJP of spreading lies for political gains.

"BJP people are so afraid of losing Varanasi that they are spreading fake
pics of AAP thanking M. Ansari for support (sic)," AAP tweeted today,
threatening to sue those in the media showing the party's purported 'thank
you message' to Ansari with a fake letterhead. (India Votes 2014:
Coverage)<http://www.ndtv.com/elections/>

"We will take legal action for defamation and false news," AAP said.

In the letter, "Arvind Kejriwal" says after Ansari's support, "Muslim votes
will come to the AAP and we would be able to keep communal forces out of
Varanasi." ('Mango man' Arvind Kejriwal does it
again)<http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/cheat-sheet/mango-man-arvind-kejriwal-does-it-again-483588?curl=1397722726>

Mukhtar Ansari is currently in jail in connection with a murder case. He
had contested the 2009 general elections as the Bahujan Samaj Party
candidate and lost by a slim margin to the BJP's Murli Manohar Joshi. (India
Votes 2014:
Schedule)<http://www.ndtv.com/elections/schedule?pfrom=home-election2014>

Ajay Rai, who is the Congress candidate in Varanasi this time, contested as
a Samajwadi Party candidate and came third.

AAP sources say the fake letter to Ansari are part of an attempt to mislead
Muslim voters as well as damage Mr Kejriwal's prospects among voters who
see him as an anti-corruption icon. Setting the record straight, AAP
declared on Sunday that it would not take the support of Ansari.

Mr Kejriwal, who has vowed to defeat Mr Modi in the national election, has
faced posters in Varanasi calling him a "Bhagoda (deserter) from Delhi", a
swipe at his abrupt resignation after 49 days in Delhi.(Thought public
would praise us for quitting: Arvind
Kejriwal)<http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-2014/thought-public-would-praise-us-for-quitting-arvind-kejriwal-to-ndtv-509209>