We just posted v1.4rc2 on the web. It brings many additional fixes:

+ Fix missing last bit in hwloc_linux_get_thread_cpubind().
  Thanks to Carolina Gómez-Tostón Gutiérrez for reporting the issue.
+ Fix FreeBSD build without cpuid support.
+ Fix several Windows build issues.
+ Fix inline keyword definition in public headers.
+ Fix dependencies in the embedded library.
+ Improve visibility support detection. Thanks to Dave Love for providing
  the patch.
+ Remove references to internal symbols in the tools.

Please test and let us know if you find any issue.

Brice