Like Linus says, "another week, another -rc".
We have two additional changes in hwloc v1.6.1rc2. One should fix
pkg-config --libs --static. The other one deprecates multiple calls to
load() on the same topology as explained earlier.
Hopefully this will become the final v1.6.1 after another week.

Brice

New changes:

* Fix the pkg-config output with --libs --static.
  Thanks to Erik Schnetter for reporting one of the problems.
* Calling hwloc_topology_load() multiple times on the same topology
  is officially deprecated. hwloc will warn in such cases.

Changes already in rc1:

* Fix some crash or buggy detection in the x86 backend when Linux
  cgroups/cpusets restrict the available CPUs.
* Add some documentation about existing plugins/components, package
  dependencies, and I/O devices specification on the command-line.