The Hardware Locality (hwloc) team is pleased to announce the first
release candidate of v1.6.2:

   http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/hwloc/

v1.6.2 is a bug fix release which addresses all known bugs in the
v1.6 serie and improves a couple minor points.

The main reason for this release is to fix a license issue. The GPL
license of libpci/pciutils taints hwloc whenever you link with it
(making hwloc *not BSD* anymore).
We now use libpciaccess (from X.org) by default instead of libpci.
See the Installation section in the documentation for details.
We will also release fixed releases of previous branches later
(at least v1.5.2 and likely v1.4.3 and v1.3.3).

The following is a summary of the changes since v1.6:

* Use libpciaccess instead of pciutils/libpci by default for I/O discovery.
  pciutils/libpci is only used if --enable-libpci is given to configure
  because its GPL license may taint hwloc. See the Installation section
  in the documentation for details.
* Fix get_cpubind on Solaris when bound to a single PU with
  processor_bind(). Thanks to Eugene Loh for reporting the problem
  and providing a patch.

This release does not change anything related to Windows, so I will
only upload the winzips of the final v1.6.2.

--
Brice