Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hello,

Terry Dontje, le Fri 06 Aug 2010 13:11:30 -0400, a écrit :
Is anyone looking at replacing the Solaris processor_bind calls with lgrp_affinity_set calls in hwloc?

I eventually added using lgrp_affinity_set(). Not as a replacement for
processor_bind, as AIUI, lgrp_affinity_set() doesn't permit to specify
precise processors.

I believe (and I might be wrong here) that there are premade lgrps that correspond to precise processors. In another life here at Oracle I've used OpenSolaris plgrp command to bind processes to lgrps that contained specific processors. This is what led me to believe that using lgrp_affinity_set() might help in being able to bind to multiple processors.

Unfortunately I don't have the exact particulars to give you. If I get some time in the next couple weeks I'll see if I can come up with some example code that might be able to do the above.

--
Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631