On Monday, November 22, 2010 07:47:32 pm Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Jirka Hladky, le Mon 22 Nov 2010 19:28:43 +0100, a écrit :
> > What about adding the suggested legend:
> >  "This graphics is using [physical|logical] numbering. See man hwloc for
> >
> > details."
> >
> > at the bottom of the graphics?
>
> Again, it makes it tedious to reuse it for other purpose.  I'm expecting
> the user to have a look at the manual if he cares what L/P means.
>
> Samuel

Hi Samuel,

I don't really see how one line with legend could upset anybody. But I might
be wrong.

I do agree that removing such line can be difficult in case of using .png or
.pdf (probably two most popular formats). It would be easy in xfig but nowadays
almost nobody knows what .xfig format is.

So my suggestion would be following one:
1)Generate title/legend line by default
2)Add new switch to disable it
--notitle
or
--nolegend

I do believe that such solution would make everybody happy. What's your
opinion?

Thanks!
Jirka