On 12/22/2010 09:02 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
Le 22/12/2010 15:59, Guy Streeter a écrit :
On 12/22/2010 02:36 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
I'll backport this in 1.1 later, in case somebody wants to fix the
English speaking.

Brice

For the benefit of the Perl and Python bindings efforts, it would be
good if we could query the runtime library for it's API version.

Ah, right, we forgot about this. Something like this?

unsigned hwloc_get_api_version(void)
{
   return HWLOC_API_VERSION;
}

We can put this in 1.1.1. But how will you handle earlier releases?

Brice

That would be great. In Python at least, I can determine at runtime that the hwloc_get_api_version symbol is not in the library. And I'm targeting 1.1 for my efforts, so I can just document that as the minimal working version.

thanks,
--Guy