Someone just made a fairly disturbing statement to me in an Open MPI bug
ticket: if you bind some memory to a particular NUMA node, and that memory
later gets paged out, then it loses its memory binding information -- meaning
that it can effectively get paged back in at any physical location.  Possibly
even on a different NUMA node.  (he said this in the context of the Linux
kernel)

1. I have no reason to doubt this person, but was wondering if someone could
confirm this (for Linux).

2. If it is true for Linux, can it also happen on other OSs?  Or do other OSs
track memory binding information when pages are swapped out?

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquy...@cisco.com