All this should be fixed now, and the configure output is now clear (it
doesn't change its mind about pci_init/cleanup or pci_lookup_name
without any obvious reason anymore).

FC7:
checking for pci/pci.h... yes
checking for pci_init in -lpci... no
checking for pci_init in -lpci with -lz... yes
checking for pci_lookup_name in -lpci... no
checking for inet_ntoa in -lresolv... yes
checking for pci_lookup_name in -lpci with -lresolv... yes

RHEL5.6:
checking for pci/pci.h... yes
checking for pci_init in -lpci... yes
checking for pci_lookup_name in -lpci... no
checking for inet_ntoa in -lresolv... yes
checking for pci_lookup_name in -lpci with -lresolv... yes

RHEL5.3:
checking for pci/pci.h... yes
checking for pci_init in -lpci... yes
checking for pci_lookup_name in -lpci... yes

Christopher, it should work starting with trunk r3535.

Brice