On 07/23/2012 11:36 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
2. The change to autogen.sh is required for pgcc and friends.  You
can't take this patch as is, obviously, but you'll need some version
of this.  Cc'ing Dave, in case you need more details of this issue.

I haven't tried pgcc recently. Which pgcc version needs this? and what
happens if you don't apply this patch?

Here's Dave's response (he's not subscribed to hwloc-devel) --

This one is being upstreamed to automake and should be included in its next release. I don't think you need to incorporate this into hwloc:

3. The changes to config/hwloc.m4 and include/private/private.h are
essentially a warning squash when getpagesize() requires an explicit
prototype declaration.  But it's not clear how easy it is for you to
absorb it as it uses an MPICH2 internal m4 macro.  Maybe there's a
cleaner way to integrate this patch.

I will look at this. On which platform/system did you need this patch?

On regular x86_64 machines. We use strict builds in mpich2. I can figure out the exact flags that trigger it, but my guess is that -Wall would.

4. The change to configure.ac is an issue with automake-1.12 that Dave
noticed.

These lines have been added in v1.5 already.

Thanks.

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji