Le 07/01/2013 19:18, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) a écrit :
> On Jan 7, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thiba...@inria.fr>
>  wrote:
>
>> Because I may not know *everything* that I want. Who knows what
>> proprietary plugin I need to use to discover CPUs, while I know that for
>> GPUs I can use cuda, but I don't want to use nvml.
>>
>>> Taking your example: HWLOC_COMPONENTS=foo,^bar,^baz,yow
>>> Is the same as:      HWLOC_COMPONENTS=foo,yow
>> No, because there is also the implicit "and the default plugins" after
>> that.
> So you're really saying "not bar and baz, but I do want everything else."
>
> OMPI's intent was to be simple: specify what you want to *exclude* or what
> you want to *include*, but you'd never do *both*.

Another difference with OMPI is that OMPI has many different frameworks
with usually few components in each of them. And OMPI can exclude in
some framework and include in some others.

hwloc doesn't have multiple frameworks (actually, there's another one
for libxml/nolibxml2 XML backends). All discovery components are at the
same level (and I don't think we want to split the list into multiple
frameworks).

Brice