On 05/03/2013 04:13 PM, Brice Goglin wrote:
> If I remember correctly, NVIDIA or AMD proprietary drivers cannot use
> the kernel sysfs API because it's GPL-only. They can't create devices in
> sysfs, that's why hwloc doesn't get any GPU OS device with NVIDIA.

That sounds right and makes sense.

> card* and controlD64 is what we get with opensource DRM drivers that use
> the sysfs/drm kernel API. But I don't expect people to do much with them
> as long as there's no way for an application to know if it's using card0
> or card1. That's why there's a NVIDIA specific plugin using NVCtrl: you
> give a display such as :0.0, it returns the locality of the PCI device
> running it.
>
> Brice

Can you give me an example of something that should show the display device
when the Nvidia driver is loaded? I think I properly configured hwloc:

Hwloc optional build support status (more details can be found above):

Probe / display I/O devices: PCI GL
Graphical output (Cairo):    yes
XML input / output:          full
libnuma memory support:      yes