I'm getting the hwloc-1.7 version of the python bindings ready to go. I've
tried to add GL, Intel MIC, NVML, and CUDA support.
I can't implement much of CUDA or NVML for lack of python bindings for those
libraries, but I did what I could.
I can't test any of these for lack of hardware. If you have a Linux system
with some appropriate hardware and you can help, please either:

clone the git repo at
 git://git.fedorahosted.org/python-hwloc.git
and then checkout the 1.7-devel branch

or

get the tarball from
 http://people.redhat.com/streeter/python-hwloc-1.7.tar.bz2
and unpack it.

Export the PYTHONPATH environment variable to point to the top level
directory, then run the various tests, like:

python tests/gl.py

also cuda.py, cudart.py, intel_mic.py, nvml.py

As I said, the CUDA and NVML tests are only partly implemented.
All the other tests in the tests directory should match the output of the same
test in the hwloc 1.7 source tree.

Let me know how it goes.
thanks,
--Guy