On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Samuel Thibault
<samuel.thiba...@inria.fr>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Jiri Hladky, le Tue 18 Jun 2013 17:18:15 +0200, a écrit :
> > I would like to check the possibilities to visualize the results to the
> output
> > similar to lstopo --top (see the attachment). I would like to write a
> simple
> > utility which will
> >  * parse the above file
> >  * foreach timestep create an output similar to lstopo --top output
> showing,
> > where each job was running
>
> It should be easy to do: create a program which
>
> - detects the topology as usual
> - for each of these lines:
> PID #CPU #CPU #CPU #CPU
> PID #CPU #CPU #CPU
> call hwloc_topology_insert_misc_object_by_cpuset(topology, cpuset, PID)
> - export the topology as xml file.
>
> and then for each job output, run it and run lstopo on the generated xml
> file.
>
> Samuel

Hi Samuel,

thanks for the advice, I got it working! :-) It's a little bit overhead
with a XML file but the C program is really short and easy.

Now comes a hard question - can the background color of the created box in
lstopo output be easily changed? The idea is to have time axes color coded.
So for the format

PID #CPU #CPU #CPU #CPU
PID #CPU #CPU #CPU

For time=1 use color red
For time=2 use color blue

and so on. The idea is to display the file above in one PNG picture so that
you can easily see if more jobs were running on the same CPU simultaneously.

Thanks
Jirka