Le 18/08/2014 20:37, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) a écrit :
> I notice that --enable-plugins seems to be broken -- it always ends in:
>
> configure: WARNING: Plugin support requested, but could not find ltdl.h
> configure: error: Cannot continue
>
> if you don't have libltdl installed.  Is this intentional?  I.e., have we
> already relied on an external libltdl?  Or have we previously embedded
> libltdl (via LT_CONFIG_LTDL_DIR), and it has just bit-rotted?

We had both external and embedded ltdl support in the beginning. We
removed embedded in 1.7.1.
Brice

commit 7491172a4754b0e198f699cb31b7c65c59ac4df6
Author: Brice Goglin <brice.gog...@inria.fr>
Date:   Wed May 15 08:15:49 2013 +0000

    Stop embedding libltdl, always use the system-wide libltdl

    The ltdl embedding caused problems to the hwloc embedding such as
      http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/hwloc-devel/2013/04/3659.php
    We fixed the embedding AM_CONDITIONAL problem in
      https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/hwloc/changeset/5605
    but the generated tarballs now (sometimes) miss libltdl,
    causing configure to break.
    The patch in the first link above worked around that issue but...

    * Embedding ltdl is useful when you rely on recent ltdl features,
      while ltdl 1.5 (couldn't test earlier) looks OK for hwloc,
      and that version is very old and available everywhere.
    * the ltdl embedding ability isn't perfect in "recursive" mode
      (we had a hack for its config.h file in our configure
       see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2012-08/msg00016.html)
    * we only need ltdl when --enable-plugins (not by default)

    That's enough reasons to consider not embedding ltdl anymore.
    We now require people to install libltdl-dev/libtool-ltdl-dev
    if they want plugins.

    This commit was SVN r5618.