Le 18/05/2015 20:49, Peyton, Jonathan L a écrit :

> Hello Everyone,
>

> We have been developing The LLVM OpenMP runtime library project and
> were hoping to incorporate the hwloc library as the primary affinity
> mechanism.  In order for this to happen though,
>
> a CMake build system would have to be created as it is now the primary
> build system of both LLVM and the LLVM OpenMP runtime library.  It
> offers better native Windows support (no config/compile cl hackery),
> just as much
>
> configuration capability as the autotools at a fraction of the
> effort.  It is also easier to maintain by more developers because the
> CMake language is easier to learn and has superior documentation.
>

> So a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Is anyone currently working on a CMake build system for hwloc?
>
> 2) Would someone inside hwloc development be interested in building a
> CMake build system?
>
> 3) If we were to implement a quality CMake build system, would it be
> accepted?
>

> Plus, any other comments or questions are absolutely welcome.
>

> -- Johnny

Hello

I have spent a bit of time on CMakifing hwloc in the past, mostly for
windows support, but I didn't have much knowledge about CMake, so it
didn't go far. Somebody offered Windows vcxproj files later, so we
integrated those and I forgot about CMake. The main issue is about
periodic testing. I basically can't do it manually often enough (nightly
testing is done using Mingw only). Our vcxproj are already outdated for
this reason.

So
(1) not currently as far I as know
(2) yes
(3) it won't replace autotools since we have autotools-projects
embedding hwloc. if we can have both autotools and cmake without too
much trouble, I guess it's ok

Brice