On Sep 28, 2017, at 8:41 AM, Brice Goglin <brice.gog...@inria.fr> wrote:

> Turns out Microsoft Visual Studio doesn't support most of C99
> (at least dynamic arrays and mixed declaration/code).

Good lord; they don't even support mixing declarations/code?  That... is
unfortunate.

> I am using some glue for now. However I am not 100% sure
> I'll remain happy to restrict hwloc just to support such a
> dump compiler (MinGW doesn't have any issue with C99).

Yeah, I wonder if MVS was the reason we stayed out of C99 all those years ago.
Open MPI stopped supporting MVS -- that may well have been the last sticking
point that allowed us to move Open MPI to C99.

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquy...@cisco.com