Brice Goglin, on jeu. 28 déc. 2017 18:47:29 +0100, wrote:
> Le 28/12/2017 à 16:18, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> > Samuel Thibault, on jeu. 28 déc. 2017 15:08:30 +0100, wrote:

> >> FI, the failure on m68k is due to a bug in qemu's linux-user emulation,
> >> which I'm currently fixing.
> > There is however an issue with the hwloc_get_last_cpu_location test when
> > run inside qemu's linux-user emulation, because in that case qemu
> > introduces a thread for its own purposes in addition to the normal
> > thread, and then the test looks like this:
>
> Can you clarify what this qemu linux-user emulation does? Is it
> emulating each process of a "fake-VM" inside a dedicated process on the
> host?

Yes.

qemu-i386 /crossroot/bin/bash

will run an i386-based bash as a normal process, only emulating the
CPU part, all system calls are made normally (with a bit of data
translation).

> Any idea when this could be useful beside (I guess) cross-building
> platforms?

Mostly that :)

> we can add a hwloc env var to disable process-wide asserts.

So I would set it for all Debian builds? (we don't have a fixed set of
archs which are built inside qemu-user)

Samuel