Thanks. That's indeed the same bug that you got in Open MPI (reuse of a
hwloc cpuset structure that was freed earlier). It's a nasty bug that
happens when reloading from XML on big machines like yours (that
explains why lstopo works while xmlbuffer and OMPI fail). It was fixed
in hwloc v1.7.1 (hence will be fixed in Open MPI 1.7.4 from what I
understand) but the fix was too big to be backported to older hwloc/OMPI.

You should be able to work around the problem for now by setting
HWLOC_GROUPING=0 in your environment.

I re-added hwloc-users to CC so that the bug is officially "closed".

Brice