Hello,

That's an interesting question:
Even if the GPU is physically-located inside the die, it is exposed as a
"virtual" PCI device (vendor number 1002 and model number 130f), and
that's how we detect it, and that's how the driver configures it. Many
components of the CPU die are configured through PCI just because it's
an easy way.

Ideally, the AMD driver would put some flag somewhere in the sysfs
attributes to tell us that the GPU is actually inside the package but I
am not aware of any such way to get that information. So that's
something we may want to improve.

That said, it's not such a big problem since the locality is still
correct: the PCI device appears connected to the main machine memory.
What could wrong is the L3 cache, but I don't know if that one is shared
between the CPU and GPU in AMD packages.

Brice