You need to cross-compile binaries for Knights Corner (KNC) aka Xeon Phi 71xx
if you're on a Xeon host. KNC is x86 but the binary format differs, as your
analysis indicates.

You can either ssh to card and build native, build on host with k1om GCC tool
chain, or build on host with Intel compiler and -mmic.

If configure needs to execute binaries, you'll find compiling on the card to be
the simplest method.

Disclaimer: I work for Intel but haven't touched KNC in a long time.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone