Le 30/06/2017 22:08, fabricio a écrit :
> [...]
> (statically build)
> Registered cpu discovery component `linux' with priority 50
> (statically build)
> Registered misc discovery component `linuxpci' with priority 19
> (statically build)
> Registered misc discovery component `pci' with priority 20 (statically
> build)
> Registered cpu discovery component `x86' with priority 45 (statically
> build)
> Enabling cpu discovery component `linux'
> Enabling cpu discovery component `x86'
> Enabling cpu discovery component `no_os'
> Excluding global discovery component `xml', conflicts with excludes 0x2
> Excluding global discovery component `synthetic', conflicts with
> excludes 0x2
> Excluding global discovery component `custom', conflicts with excludes
> 0x2
> Enabling misc discovery component `pci'
> Enabling misc discovery component `linuxpci'
> Final list of enabled discovery components: linux,x86,no_os,pci,linuxpci
>
> * hwloc has encountered what looks like an error from the operating
> system.
> *
> * L3 (cpuset 0x000003f0) intersects with NUMANode (P#0 cpuset
> 0x0000003f) without inclusion!
> * Error occurred in topology.c line 942
> *
> * The following FAQ entry in a recent hwloc documentation may help:
> *   What should I do when hwloc reports "operating system" warnings?
> * Otherwise please report this error message to the hwloc user's
> mailing list,
> * along with the output+tarball generated by the hwloc-gather-topology
> script.
>
> Enabling global discovery component `xml'
> Excluding cpu discovery component `linux', conflicts with excludes
> 0xffffffff
> Excluding cpu discovery component `x86', conflicts with excludes
> 0xffffffff
> Excluding cpu discovery component `no_os', conflicts with excludes
> 0xffffffff
> Excluding global discovery component `xml', conflicts with excludes
> 0xffffffff
> Excluding global discovery component `synthetic', conflicts with
> excludes 0xffffffff
> Excluding global discovery component `custom', conflicts with excludes
> 0xffffffff
> Excluding misc discovery component `pci', conflicts with excludes
> 0xffffffff
> Excluding misc discovery component `linuxpci', conflicts with excludes
> 0xffffffff
> Final list of enabled discovery components: xml
> ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>
>> I am wondering if the x86 backend was disabled somehow.
>> Please also send your config.log
>
> I'm using the embebbed hwloc in openmpi 1.10.7, whose version seems to
> be 1.9.1. I could not find a config.log file.

I thought you were using hwloc 1.11.5? HWLOC_COMPONENTS=x86 can help
there, but not in 1.9.1 from OMPI. Which one did you try?

>> Setting HWLOC_COMPONENTS=-linux could also work: It totally disables the
>> Linux backend. If the x86 is disabled as well, you would get an almost
>> empty topology.
>
> Will this leave the process allocation to the kernel, potentially
> diminishing performance?

This would basically ignore all topology information.
But it's not needed anymore here since the x86 backend is enabled above.

What you can do is one of these:
* tell OMPI to use an external hwloc >= 1.11.2
* use a more recent OMPI :)
* use a XML generated with hwloc >= 1.11.2 with HWLOC_COMPONENTS=x86,
and pass it to OMPI and/or hwloc with HWLOC_XMLFILE=/path/to/foo.xml and
HWLOC_THISSYSTEM=1 in the environment. If it doesn't work, I'll generate
the XML

Brice