Hi
Chiming in on this conversation, we have a few questions/concerns with some of
the responses we received from you.

>> If you really want the old netloc API now, you could try hwloc 2.x with
>> the old netloc. But that's certainly not maintained anymore, and that
>> only works for IB while the new netloc should have OPA and Cray support
>> soon.

— I tried building older netloc with hwloc 2.0 and it throws compiler errors.
Note that netloc was cloned from it’s git repo.

>> The plan should rather be to tell us what you need from netloc so that
>> we can reenable it with a good API. We hear lots of people saying they
>> are interested in netloc, but *nobody* ever told us anything about what
>> they want to do for real. And I am not even sure anybody ever played
>> with the old API. This software cannot go forward unless we know where
>> it's going. There are many ways to design the netloc API.

— At this point, our requirement is to expose graph construction from raw
topology xml and mapping and traversal at best.
I see some of these already defined in private/hwloc.h in the newer version.
Our problem here Is that we couldn’t build it in embedded mode, which is how we
are using hwloc.