This is actually just a warning. Usually it causes the topology to be
wrong (like a missing object), but it shouldn't prevent the program from
working. Are you sure your programs are failing because of hwloc? Do you
have a way to run lstopo on that node?

By the way, you shouldn't use hwloc 2.0.0rc2, at least because it's old,
it has a broken ABI, and it's a RC :)

Brice