Brice

>Can you print the pattern before and after thread 1 touched its pages, or even
>in the middle ?
>It looks like somebody is touching too many pages here.

Experimenting with different threads touching one or more pages, I get
unpredicatable results

here on the 8 numa node device, the result is perfect. I am only allowing
thread 3 and 7 to write a single memory location

get_numa_domain() 8 Domain Numa pattern
--------
--------
--------
3-------
--------
--------
--------
7-------
============================

============================
Contents of memory locations
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
26 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
63 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
============================

you can see that core 26 (numa domain 3) wrote to memory, and so did core 63
(domain 8)

Now I run it a second time and look, its rubbish

get_numa_domain() 8 Domain Numa pattern
3-------
3-------
3-------
3-------
3-------
3-------
3-------
3-------
============================

============================
Contents of memory locations
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
26 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
63 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
============================

after allowing the data to be read by a random thread

37777777
37777777
37777777
37777777