Good morning,

I have a question about expected name mangling behavior when using
HWLOC_SET_SYMBOL_PREFIX in hwloc v2.1.0 (and perhaps other versions).

Say, for example, I do the following in a project embedding hwloc:

HWLOC_SET_SYMBOL_PREFIX(foo_internal_)
HWLOC_SETUP_CORE(…)

Now, entry points into hwloc are prefixed with foo_internal_ (e.g.,
foo_internal_hwloc_topology_init()). This all works great.

Next, let’s consider what happens to hwloc-exported constants such as
HWLOC_OBJ_MACHINE when using the same setup above. I would expect something
like this:
HWLOC_OBJ_MACHINE now becomes FOO_INTERNAL_HWLOC_OBJ_MACHINE. Instead, I notice
the following curious mangling convention:  FOO_INTERNAL_hwloc_OBJ_MACHINE. Is
this intentional? If so, that’s fine—functionally, it works as expected.
However, this seems like a bug.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Sam