The default MacOS libtool is very different from GNU libtool. Some
software knows about this, and you then need to make sure none of the
Homebrew/MacPorts libtool is in your path. (Other software, of course,
expects a GNU libtool, and then you need to proceed as described
earlier.)

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnet...@gmail.com>